Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The "I Miss Cali Guac" Recipe

I am a total California girl - you can probably hear the accent! I love the beach, warm weather and above all - avocados! In California I would put avocados on everything!

In that respect, living in Cayman has been tough (oxymoron!?!?). I love living here, but the avocados are certainly not plentiful and they are expensive! But when I see a decent deal, or I'm really craving it, I buy as many good looking avocados as I can.

One of my favorite things to do with avocados is make guacamole! Below is a simple recipe for my favorite guac.

Ingredients:

·       3 Ripe Avocados           
·       ½ lime – juiced
·       1 clove garlic minced
·       ½ teaspoon salt
·       ½ teaspoon pepper
·       ½ teaspoon cayenne
·       ½ jalapeno pepper (if you like your guac with some heat!) – seeded and miced
·       2 Roma tomatoes – diced
·       ½ medium onion (I prefer purple, but any onion will work)

1.            Mash avocado in a large bowl. Add lime juice, garlic, spices and jalapeno. Fold in tomatoes and onion. Mix well.

2.            Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving so all the flavors can come together.

3.            Serve with homemade sweet potato chips (recipe to come), Terra sweet potato chips (pictured and WLC approved), plantain chips (recipe to come), veggies, or just eat it with a spoon – its that good! Enjoy!

**If you are a fan of bacon (who isn't) - add a couple strips of chopped bacon to the guac...you won't be sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment